Saturday, November 13, 2010
This -n- That
Sooooo . . . . I have been away forever! Just busy, that is all. Now things are slowing up a bit and I can get back to regular blogging. Just wanted to blog about a few things that I am thankful for.
* A warm house.
* A warm house that is now refinanced, saving us almost $74,000 in interest - more than the price of the house.
* A warm house that will be paid off in 15 years, not 30.
* The beautiful autumn palette of colors . . . creams, yellows, oranges, browns, reds, burgundy, black, green.
* My parents - we went on a road trip today and had such a good time.
* A doctor who listens to me.
* A hardworking husband who is working hard to install our new shower downstairs.
* A really good ham sandwich at one of the Mennonite stores today - freshly cut ham, swiss cheese, fresh homemade oatmeal bread, pickles, mustard and onion. Wowsa - it was great!
* Finding bargains.
* Fresh hot popcorn with butter and a cold Dr. Pepper.
* Kitty kisses.
* Living in a land of freedom.
* The men and women who have sacrificed so we can have that freedom.
* Rain to settle the dust.
* Pumpkin Whoopie Pies.
* A real bargain on 820 count Egyptian Cotton sheets - like sleeping on silk!
* Homemade challah.
Until next time, my friends. Love you all much!