Saturday, November 13, 2010

This -n- That




Sooooo . . . . I have been away forever! Just busy, that is all. Now things are slowing up a bit and I can get back to regular blogging. Just wanted to blog about a few things that I am thankful for.

* A warm house.

* A warm house that is now refinanced, saving us almost $74,000 in interest - more than the price of the house.

* A warm house that will be paid off in 15 years, not 30.

* The beautiful autumn palette of colors . . . creams, yellows, oranges, browns, reds, burgundy, black, green.

* My parents - we went on a road trip today and had such a good time.

* A doctor who listens to me.

* A hardworking husband who is working hard to install our new shower downstairs.

* A really good ham sandwich at one of the Mennonite stores today - freshly cut ham, swiss cheese, fresh homemade oatmeal bread, pickles, mustard and onion. Wowsa - it was great!

* Finding bargains.

* Fresh hot popcorn with butter and a cold Dr. Pepper.

* Kitty kisses.

* Living in a land of freedom.

* The men and women who have sacrificed so we can have that freedom.

* Rain to settle the dust.

* Pumpkin Whoopie Pies.

* A real bargain on 820 count Egyptian Cotton sheets - like sleeping on silk!



* Homemade challah.

Until next time, my friends. Love you all much!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you posted!! You've been missed. You mentioned in your list about a doctor. I hope nothing is wrong. Hope you have time to post more often as I always love reading! xo
Much love to you,
Ruth

Unknown said...

It is so good to see your post and I thank you for stopping by my site. You like a lot of the same things we like and it all centers around the Amish & Menonites. For us it is Lancaster,PA. We have been there many times and love it so much. Wish we could get some of their special baked goods down here in NC
Odie

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

Hey darlin, I need your address so I can send you the book you won!!

Mya said...

Hi Raquel, reading about that ham sandwich has made me really hungry. I do have ham and cheese, but no homemade bread.

Congrats on the refinancing - it seems to have really made a difference for you.

Hope the doctor comment was a general one and that nothing is wrong.

Happy autumn days to you and yours.

Simply Heart And Home said...

Raquel!

So nice to see your blog post. I've missed reading about your days.

I love all your thankfuls. And that sandwich sounds very tempting!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Gina

Mya said...

Decenber 18

Just dropping by to wish you a Merry Christmas.

Jennifer said...

Good for you, Happy Holidays!

Savories of life said...

Thanks fpr becoming a follower. I like your blog. I knwo a family who adoppted 20 children! God bless them and you:0 we make this kind of bread all the time.

Angela said...

Great post! Very enjoyable blog!